CSE stream is actively involved in the science popularisation activities of the institute. Following is a sample.
- Faculty from CSE and DS departments conducted a few sessions in the Science Quest and Crystal residential summer camp 2022 programme. In the recent past, the department also conducted a Scratch programming workshop as part of institute’s Vigyan Jyoti program in 2017 and an AI programming workshop as part of Science Quest 2019. The details can be read here.
- Jointly conducts a puzzle competition for school students during the Institute Open Day / National Science Day celebrations.
- CSE faculty have been actively involved in offering internships and delivering lectures in ACM summer schools, workshops, faculty development programs and quality improvement programs.
Some of the CSE faculty members also organize and engage in Math Circles, NSM High Performance Computing workshops and/or work with Additional Skill Acquisition Programme Kerala on certification courses.
Workshops and Programs organized in the recent past
- Krithika Ramaswamy gave a talk titled “Order in Chaos: An Introduction to Ramsey Theory” on March 31st as part of the webinar series organized by IEEE Malabar Subsection, IEEE Malabar Hub & IEEE SB GEC Palakkad.
- Unnikrishnan Cheramangalath was one of the organizers of the online NSM HPC Workshop, 2021.
- Unnikrishnan Cheramangalath was one of the organizers of the Fifth LLVM Performance Workshop at the International Symposium on Code Generation and Optimization, 2021.
- Sandeep Chandran was one of the organizers of the online NSM HPC Shiksha - Basics of High Performance Computing course, 2020.
- Vivek Chaturvedi was the coordinator of the virtual faculty development programme on Secure Internet of Things sponsored by AICTE Training and Learning (ATAL) Academy, 2020.